Thursday, April 15, 2010

Upside

Today started in a way that felt catastrophic - my internet connection was down.  So after trying to figure it out for a long time, I finally said:

Hey, I don't want to be doing this!  I said I was going to garden this morning!  By then it was elevenish.  So I gardened, late, but I got everything that needed getting into the ground into the ground. 

May the veggies grow!

Toots was a helper in the way a two year old can be:  by getting ahold of the hose, coming right up behind me and squirting me in an embarassing way.  No, I did not have that kind of accident, I swear, it was Toots with a garden hose, by the plot next to the rake.  No Colonel Mustard was on hand.

Then I laid in the sun, and she wandered the yard, then wandered up onto my lap in the chaisse lounge, and she was out with the warm sun and cool breeze to comfort her.

Never a more perfect moment existed.  Relaxed, a satisfaction of good work in the dirt, and a sleepy warm cozy kid on my lap, while reading a book in the backyard, dog asleep under me, and cat wandering over to check out what was going on. 

And then I brought miss sleepy into the house; Mr. Cynic came in from his bus; and just as I was telling him about the internet being down, up it came.  So I left Toots sleeping in his care, while he sat at the computer. I ran a variety of errands, alone, accomplished much more than I could have with anyone in tow, and I bought lots of phlox at the garden center so I will not have to mulch nearly so much in the springs to come.

So now I get to plant those tomorrow.

Life is good, don't forget to use sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!