Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Writing, oh yeah, that's what I do!

Since NaNoWriMo ended, and for me a wee bit prematurely, I really haven't written. Just like I really haven't written since my last writer's group meeting.

It was my turn to host today, and boy, did I cut fruit and clean house and make brownies. But write? Naaaaaah. It's the busiest time of year for everything to do with everything else but writing.

The good news is we had a lovely potluck and a lovely chat, and absolutely no critique. Because....guess what?

No one else had written since our last meeting, either.

Well, one finished NaNo, but didn't feel comfortable sharing the draft she had, and the rest just made me feel wonderfully communally human. None of us is perfect, and life happens, and writing tends to take a backseat for lack of concentration when so much else is happening.

So enjoy your holidays, whether Hannukah, Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or New Year.

If you write, we'll talk about that after January first.

2 comments:

  1. Brownies...my fave. And by the size of my hips, you can see they've been my fave for years. :)

    Sometimes it's just nice to get together and talk about stuff OTHER than writing. Because as much as I love to write (and I love writing almost as much as I love brownies), writing is not "life" to me. I live my life - and writing is an outpouring of that. Know what I mean, Brownie Queen? :)

    Have a fabulous holiday season. I'll be celebrating Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, wordwrangler! yep life happens, then we write....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!