Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Too Quiet, or What's that little noise?

Baby C is really a delight most of the time. But I have to remember, she's a toddler, and toddlers are generally up to no good even when it seems they are having a particularly trouble-free moment. That's when we mothers need to pay particular attention.

Take for instance, this morning, I was quietly reading over something I'm working on. She wandered over from watching Sesame Street and very sweetly climbed up into my lap and very nicely entertained herself while I continued to read. Then I heard some small sound in the background, not really concerned, I continued to read. Then I went to type something and discovered this:




I was so sure she had finished the crackers I gave her an hour before, but I was wrong. Last night was not a good one for sleep with her, so that's my excuse for not being aware of what was happening literally right under my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!