Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Promises, Promises

It's that time of year. You know, the one having to do with quitting this, starting that, losing this, scrapping that.

So here's mine:

In 2010 I resolve:

to breathe first, yell later, and only if it's absolutely necessary.

to devote myself, my time and my gumption to finishing the edits and that one stubborn hole of a chapter in Felix the Comet.

to seriously rewrite the companion middle reader novel to Felix, starting with an outline. My fourth grade teacher, Mr. Cubelli would be so proud.

to hug my kids more, especially the big ones.

to get outside, even when it's cold and wet.



2009 lessons learned:

Southern fleas are uber SOBs.

Listen to my body. It's telling me important things.

I can do anything I set my mind to, when I don't get distracted.

Stop second guessing myself. I've been around long enough to know better.

NaNoWrimo is a gas, but needs a better engine for me to really accomplish something good with it, like an outline for starters, and for kids and self not to catch a flu from hell.

Here's to new and better things in 2010, and farewell 2009. What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. love these -- especially the one about breathing first. So wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, jen. i discovered about 10 years ago thatt breathing first was essential, i just forget often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a nano edit is my primary resolution .... then i suppose i need to figure out what i do with an edited novel .....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!