Wednesday, March 30, 2011

planting in the rain


I bought these and a couple of pretty and perfumey plants yesterday, as well as some dark tarp to try to kill off weeds in my garden plots before I try to plant.

This morning, I planted the flowers in pots I bought as it started to sprinkle. It's raining properly again now, and frigid, too. 

I also covered the vegetable plots with the tarp and strategically placed bricks to hold them in place for about a week, until I can have some sunshine to really get out there and do a good job of plotting the vegs. 

I also spread the african daisy, cosmos, and catnip packets along my back fence where no grass or anything else I've tried repeatedly to plant will grow, especially grass. 

I spread the viola packet along under the boxwoods and holly out front. 

I can't wait to watch the colors come up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!