Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moments

As a poet, the underlying theme of my life is to be present in it - to measure the moments by living within them rather than racing past in a constant pursuit of, well, to live in a different moment. That seems to be a pitfall of most of Western society at this point, don't you think? Isn't that the message of every Oprah show, self-help book, morning news segment, etc?

So, enjoy the moments below and hold your own within you as you live them.

As my son S said the other day, "Errrrg! I just get so frustrated when the future keeps becoming the present and then the past so fast!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!