Friday, August 26, 2011

he's a teen

It's hard to believe sometimes that 12:31am thirteen years ago and today are part of the same lifetime.

But it is, and constitutes the whole life so far of one of the most interesting, funniest and challenging people I have ever known.



At 1, 2.5, and with his brother at 1.5 years old.


Mom: Smile.
Capt. Comic: I don't want to smile. At least I've got a thumbsup.

Mom: Don't you dare laugh.
Capt. Comic: Pbbpbpb!

Capt. Comic: C'mon, Mom, I don't want to smile. I can do what I want now that I'm a teen.
Mom: Pikachu!

Seriously, Mom. Just take the picture.

Mom: Then give me an old movie star smile, like Clark Gable.


I love this kid.


I usually post a birthday blog in which I list a number of things about the kid whose birthday it is equal to their age. This time, it took three days to get Captain Comic to come up with a list himself, and in the end he drew it in about 10 minutes. Click to zoom, they're fun drawings.

Just in case you can't tell what he is representing:

1. Making movies.
2. Godzilla.
3. Drawing.
4. Making people laugh.
5. If you don't know, you're lucky. (oops, mom's commentary) Pokemon.
6. Other people singing hurts my ears, "it's like my Kryptonite."
7. Videogames.
8. Star Wars
9. Need I say more? (mom again)
10. Pugs are my latest obsession.
11. The Hill (really a berm at the back of our neighborhood baseball field)
12. Jaws
13. I like fights in movies, like Jackie Chan.

Captain Comic is becoming a teen.

I wonder if that's why Mother Nature is bringing this epic Hurricane Irene?

He's a great kid. He's big, he's loud, he's talented, he's an original and the next handful of years of my life will be epic indeed. I love him.

Happy Birthday, Kiddo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!