Monday, February 14, 2011

valentine

Toots walked up to me a few moments ago and clung to my arm, cuddling and being all sweet. She is still on my lap cuddling and making lovey noises, and smelling like strawberries.  But she greeted me with

I yuv you strawberries and I yuv you blueberries and peaches, and I yuv you, too, Mommy!

And that right there is why I love being a mom on Valentine's Day.

Mr. Cynic went to a Sadie Hawkins dance on Saturday night and there he 'asked out' the girl who 'asked' him to the dance. So now, this afternoon, after school, I need to drive him to her house to 'hang out' for Valentine's Day.

Toots is all lovey, still. Captain Comic had a rough go with homework and getting ready for school. Maybe he'll feel a little more like a Valentine later.

I can't find my wedding photos to post one. If I find them later, I will, because I love that guy I call Honey, too.

Ah, found one.

after the kiss, photo by Joe Gallo

Happy Valentine's Day. Spend it with your loved ones. Or if you're single, alone, etc., Do something nice for yourself.  We should love ourselves, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!