Monday, February 7, 2011

just stuff

I'm looking out my window and longing to do yard work and garden.

I should revist yoga first for slipped disc prevention.

Toots is on a steady diet of PBS this morning as I

peck my way through a mountain pass of laundry through the garage to the washer and back,

sit here trying to think of something useful to do or say,

slowly finish my breakfast and tea.

Periodically, she stops by my desk, dropping a blue bowl by my elbow.

Mom: Is this a hint?
Toots (sucking fingers and walking away): Mm-hm.
Mom: Would you like more blueberries?
Toots: M-hm.

I feel taken for granted.  She just plunked the bowl by my elbow again.  I'm not refilling for a third time.  That is not an accident I want to discover.


I'm still thinking of ways to redesign the boys' room, etc.  DIY is on my mind. But not as much as a couple of weeks ago.  I found the same shelves at IKEA.

Adventure time!  Nearest IKEA is 3 hours away and the shelves are not available online.  That website is a big tease.

I'm still thinking of ways to redo Captain Comic's room into Toots's, but feel very dejected after viewing the shoulder high contents of his closet over the weekend. I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. For the time being, that is an excellent policy to uphold. I'm sticking to it.  I don't want to do this, which is the other option, skip ahead to the he-ha-ho part at 8:17:



or you could just watch the whole thing.  - one of the greatest Bugs ever.



Come to think of it, Mr. Cynic hasn't made much headway in his room, though I've been on both of them for ages about the hurricane disaster looking zones.

What's a mom to do?






4 comments:

  1. thank heavens for steady diets of PBS! though i must say i do NOT understand the new Electric Company - my kids love it, but i think it's super creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good, you just assuaged my momguilt, aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's definitely worse things than PBS -- we too are in the midst of the seasonal impulse to organize, clean, declutter... i find it's helping to Just Get Rid Of Stuff. shelves are wonderful -- sorry the IKEA is so far away. that store has been a sanity saver more than once (after the rather insane experience of actually shopping there, that is). what's a mom to do? carry on, do your best, don't let the junk get ya down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, jen, i am ready to chuck everything about now. too bad even the teen is still attached to legos built when he was like 7, capt. comic has decided to let go of the 2 rubbermaid type buckets of dinos, godzillas and trucks finally...so i am halfway there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!