Wednesday, May 25, 2011

progress

I made some headway during a writing session at the library this morning. I'm in a section that just needs some tightening, mainly. But mostly, I am happy to be in a part of it that I am really pleased with already. Now if I can just commit to type-type-typing away.

I did a little bit more research on Galileo again, too. Just a refresher that helped a lot, because I had made up a comet that he spotted in 1603. That wouldn't have happened. The telescope wasn't invented until 1608, and he made improvements to the first in 1609. So 1603 became 1609 in my manuscript.

I am all about accuracy, even when I am making it up.  It's the little things that you pay attention to that really make a work of fiction believable.


3 comments:

  1. keep writing please! i am so intrigued and want to read this novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. love the phrase "i am all about accuracy, even when i am making it up." that should be the fiction writer's mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, aimee! i am now projecting a finished and accepted for publishing date of sometime this fall.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!