Thursday, November 5, 2009

RIP Brother Blue

From the middle of the middle of me to the middle of the middle of you....


Brother Blue was a huge figure in my life, he blessed my belly when I was pregnant with my boys, and blessed the boys after they were born. His wife Ruth is a rock and kept that balloon named Brother Blue tethered to the ground. When he spoke to a roomfull or a street corner full, you felt like you were something bigger and made from the universe itself. He was dynamic and full of unconditional love. He didn't just talk the talk, he walked the walk. He was a large part of my 20s-30s. When I was in a conversation with him one on one, he made me feel like there was nothing more important than that moment, and me in it, he cried when I read my poems around boston and cambridge, and always made the time to talk with me after and thank me for sharing them.
I feel so much for ruth right now, nevermind missing him. She was the perfect balance for him, their relationship was one to never take for granted. Where he was air and fire, she was - and is - earth and water.
The love for each other was always apparent, and when it was time to go home, no matter how he resisted, she always got him out of the venue and safely to the T.
The world is a smaller place without him, and heaven, the universe, whatever you want to call it has grown boundless for his presence among the stars.

I am stunned by this loss, though I haven't seen him in about 6 years. A world without Brother Blue in it is that unimaginable to me at the moment.

here is his Obituary. It leaves out so much that made him the wonder, the magic that was Brother Blue.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you lost a friend. Grief is a terrible thing to deal with, but hopefully you have memories that can balance out the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, alana. he was something special you see only once in a lifetime. a true bard.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!