Wednesday, June 16, 2010

primary colors

I discovered some rainy day colors around my gardens:

a little true red


a little red, almost, peeking from behind 
I love the clinging raindrops!

big blue made of lots of little blues

a few peeks of yellow around the white birch trunks

Toots and I ate that strawberry we picked. It was the the most delicious vine ripe strawberry I've eaten since I was a kid picking my dad's strawberries!



Everything tastes better homegrown.

Of course there was plenty of green, too, but that's not a primary color.

2 comments:

  1. how exciting! i'm hoping to get there one of these years and grow our own food - but i'm starting with trying to keep a few plants watered and the lawn mowed. one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love gardening! i grew up with my father, the vegetable gardening fiend, and my mother always grew flowers...so i can't stop myself. can't say that particular gene and influence rubbed off on my brothers, though. but they do what they love, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!