Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I am thrilled to still be able to wish my father a Happy Father's Day.  He taught us what mattered in life. 

Live your life with honesty and integrity. 

Work hard at what you love.

Make something by your own hands.

Pet your dog.

Hug your kids.

Grow your food, and eat it straight off the plant. Nothing tastes better.

Take time to sit back and enjoy.   

Watch sunsets.

Show up in life and stand up straight.

A little planning goes a long way.

There was plenty more, but isn't that enough?

One thing I will always remember, and it is a metaphor for life.  My father loved to fish, but mostly for the quiet, for the methodical casting of the line.  He never expected to catch a fish, and was always thrilled when he actually caught one.

I also would like to wish Honey a Happy Father's Day.  Because he does the good work of it, everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!