Monday, June 21, 2010

ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Please bear with me as I continue to get the hang of the macro setting on this point and shoot style camera. I do hope to one day own a better camera again with good lenses, etc. I miss my old Pentax-K 1000 from my studying photography days, but it has been a long time, and I entered digital camera age kicking and screaming.






These marigolds came out with some nice up close and personal details.  I like the shadow in the second one.  A little too: in the hot bright midday sun, possibly.



I love how the itty bitty baby basil turned out.  Funny, same time of day, different garden plot. Light completely different.  These leaves aren't even a quarter of an inch long.


As much as I'd like to claim a title such as Dreams of Jasmine, honestly, I really wanted to focus on the  blooms, not the base of the stem and glossy leaf.  This camera is a fickle one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!