Monday, May 17, 2010

Serendipity rides again

So after kind of complaining my way through the last post on this dreary day, I IM'd with a friend, Brittany Vandeputte who just bought a new home and is getting ready to move her family in a big way.

I finished up with her and her excitement, started to stick cheese toast in the toaster for Toots and me for lunch, and the next thing I knew, the opening lines to a new tale began in my head and I couldn't ignore it to save my life.  So, now I am sitting here, writing a new tale, again, when I should be getting Toots down for nap and turning back to my manuscript which is in the midst of 2nd draft huge edits! 

I mean, I am excited about a new story, but boy do I want to finish the old one for real. 

But I have a new story and feel excited about that new writing fever I have now!

And my cold is hardly noticeable now, and the rain is pouring down outside the windows...and I must write!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you seized the moment to at least jot it down. You can always come back to it after you've finished your manuscript, but never shun creative inspiration when it comes to visit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, lisa! and i needed to hear what you said, particularly becase for the rest of the day, mr. cynic was working on a school project on my computer, so i wrote about a page, and had to let it go 'for now'.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!