Friday, May 14, 2010

one among a million

Parenting a child with Asperger's Syndrome can be challenging and loud and repetitive at times, but I am lucky enough that Captain Comic is one of the funniest kids on the planet, and keeps me laughing. 

Sitting at the computer, working on his Spelling homework, suddenly, the computer throws a window up at him stating Configuring Updates.

Captain Comic:  (ok, imagine a perturbed and exaggerated tone of voice, rather like George Jefferson of the 70's TV show, The Jeffersons.)  WHA?!  Configuring updates?  What's th- Oh no!  Now it's Shutting Down!  Mooom!

Mom: It's okay, that's supposed to happen.  Did you save what you were working on?

Capt. Comic: ooooooo!  No, I didn't!  Now I'm going to have to start my homework all over again!  eerrrrrggggh!  DAGNAB THESE FANCY GADGETS!

I burst out laughing so hard, Toots's nap was a bust, and even Captain Comic got over his computer issue and burst out laughing with me. 

I'm sure he'll be waving a cane and yelling "get off my lawn!" before high school. 

2 comments:

  1. ah! This is what I miss sooo much! The zany, wonderful laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm lucky, he comes out with at least one everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!