Friday, May 28, 2010

Road Blocks

I went to bed last night and woke up this morning with every intention to write today.

I feel groggy and have a huge headache because we had big thunderstorm in the wee hours.

Toots is running around per usual.

The kitchen is a mess and I skipped laundry yesterday, so there's more to do today. 

Grandma, who is usually out of the house by 9am, is playing Farmville next to me, so I hear whinnies and moos and clucks along with Toots's Seasame Street theme from the other side of the wall.

I opened both the new piece and the manuscript to work on, unsure which direction I felt gung-ho about earlier.

Then the highway that runs behind my house that has been torn up and repaved four times in the past six months is illogically being torn up again on this thunderstorm threatening Friday before Memorial Day weekend, when we all know, they won't be back until at least Tuesday to begin to deal with the mess, and the trucks' constant motors and grinding are hell on my headache.

Calgon, Take me away!!!!

2 comments:

  1. it's the weekend!!! you can have a do over sometime next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, e. i finally put it to that, too. rolled with the headache...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!