Tuesday, May 11, 2010

one year

All good things grow. 

And funny enough, I'd almost forgotten about my little blog's anniversary! 

Here it came on the heels of another travelled writer's retreat, which was also a marriage retreat, and a working weekend for Honey and a visit with his cousin and a meet with his fiance. It was a big weekend, but more on that later in the week. 

Since I started this little thing, I have been a lot less of a grumpy puss.  Even if I haven't always been able to write what I want to write, I have kept in practice here, and focussed well on my writing objectives.  I finished the first draft of my first novel and joined a good writing group.  I even started writing a few poems again.  It's been a long time since I felt so inspired.

Toots has changed from baby to two year old.  Mr. Cynic has become a lot less of a cynic, and actually a very nice young man of fifteen, usually.  Captain Comic has really grown in surprising ways, too. Mostly bigger by bounds, but also he has matured quite a bit whether I'm ready to accept that change or not. Honey has remained, eternally, Honey. He is what he is, and that's all that he is... Popeye, notwithstanding, there's a lot to be said for simplicity and dependability.  I think by opposing forces, we keep each other magnetized.

I've been a party to deaths and births and adoptions. There has been a large influx of babies in my wider circle of friends and internet buddies.

My gardens have grown beauty and food and plenty of weeds, er, wildflowers, and even a new hybrid squash melon I called Coleyfruit.

It has snowed a great deal for down in these here parts, which made the boys and me enormously giddy.  It actually stuck on the ground!  We made snowballs!  We made angels!  and we came inside and drank my famous hot cocoa with marshmallows and a lot more cocoa than your average cup.

And the big blue marble has made another journey around the sun. 

Thank you for the regular visits and the odd ones from near and far.  I'm not certain if my farthest visit is from Tasmania, North Greenland, Estonia, Patagonia or Indonesia. However I am thrilled by all the visits from around the globe, but especially those of you who keep coming back to carry on the conversation me and my big mouth start.

Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. It's strange how little things like this can make us stop and notice the passing of time. I realized, when my blog hit two years, that I had started the darn thing when Destructo was only 18 months old, which now seems so young.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!

    yes, jacqui! and if i hadn't read about your anniversary, i would have completely missed my own. so thanks, a deux.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!