Monday, May 11, 2009

Testing, testing...

Greetings, Earthlings!





After about a year posting approximately weekly blogs to to a great group website, creativeconstruction.wordpress.com, I think I've finally found the mama cajunes to start my own blog. I may decide to review books or movies or music or just throw my opinion around on anything that pops to mind. I may give the usual fare from a mother as in child anecdotes of a teen boy, a pre-teen boy with Asperger's Syndrome and a toddler girl. or life in a three generation household blended family with a spazzy terrier-mix and a beautiful, old ghetto cat.




My interests beyond family run in a wide circle: education, environmental living as best as I can, creative endeavors like the fact that I am currently finishing a children's novel and write poetry (sorry if I lost you with that one), gardening, cooking, reading, beaching, I can't think what else at the moment save for generally keeping a positive attitude through the mayhem that is my life. And it is mayhem. Usually, I find it amusing and luckily, when I don't, I can laugh at my bad reaction to it.



Oh, and I am a transplanted former transplanted Bostonian, whose love of the Red Sox is in direct inverse proportion to how far I live from Fenway Park. I once lived for three years in the apartment building that sits on top of the Fenway T-stop and had very little patience for the Fenway Fans then. Yep -that was my bedroom window three floors up from where the trolley exited from underground. But now, I'm a convert. It comes from working many years with kids in Massachusetts public school systems and one amazing play-off season against the Yankees, not to rub in the rest of 2004, or 2007. But now I live in Virginia.



So I hope you enjoy my musings in mayhem. I'm looking forward to spewing my nonsense at the world.




I admit to my failings in technical aptitude, so please, if you happen upon a whacked looking blog here, please just bear with my learning process.



yours in blogging,

cathy

13 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the new blog -- and I get to be your first follower, too! Don't I feel special!?! I look forward to your "Musings in Mayhem" very much. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, jen, and welcome! i sure have enjoyed your ramblings and hope i can oblige you with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for starting your blog. I love reading your posts on creative construction. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go, you cute bloggy thing ... i'll read you ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome and thanks!

    just another distraction from finishing the book...but a productive one in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not a distraction, Cath, it's a discipline. :-P

    When the book's not going well, come write on here, you'll feel like you've made progress somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for those words of encouragement, brittany!

    i am having all kinds of ideas popping like corn in my head for here.... i will try to focus on book when c naps in the mornings...i really have to get past this final hump. i feel like this is a looser format where anything goes, so don't need quite the focus i need for the novel's end. think i can handle the blog writing while c is underfoot, ripping apart greek philosophers....

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome to the offical blogosphere! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks, kelly, you've always been ery supportive and fun on your blog and at cc!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIPPE! I'm so glad you started one. I've been waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks, ophelia! i'm such a bigmouth on everyone else's...it was time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kudos and welcome to the blogosphere! I just added you to my Damian Daily blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!