Monday, June 27, 2011

snack selection brought to you by dayglo pink

I swear, even with all the baking I do, that I try my darnedest to feed my family healthy snacks, made from scratch, with whole ingredients.

But Honey and I went shopping in a specialty store together yesterday and came home with bags of sugar crap, including this:
It's exactly the color of my bedroom until age seven, which permanently put me off to the color pink. It's Pepto Bismol. It's darker than cotton candy, but cotton candy flavored, in a cute box, marked half off.

I think that was what did us in. Half Off.
 I feel sick to my stomach looking at the batter. I think this was the moment that Mr. Cynic said, "Brought to you by Barbie."

Of course, he was riffing from my, "Today's snack selection brought to you by the color dayglo pink!" in my best announcer voice.
 And then the frosting.
But they smelled really good coming out of the oven.

Sorry, used cellphone camera again, this is cupcakes after pink sprinkle sugar. Note how the frosting is kind of melty? Someone couldn't wait for them to cool before frosting. I'm not telling who. I plead the fifth.

Someone else couldn't wait to eat them. Even if they are pink.

Neither could he:

The one to enjoy the pinkitude the most had just awakened from nap, and was a little slow to eat them.

I am not telling you how quickly mine disappeared. Nope, I just won't.


5 comments:

  1. Ah, brought to you by Barbie. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can close my eyes and see afterimages of neon pink cupcakes!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never seen a mix that pink! my girls would swoon and faint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it truly was a stunning dayglo pepto bismol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!