Tuesday, February 1, 2011

utter writer's block and love

I have the house to myself for a few hours this morning and Grandma agreed to pick up Toots from preschool today, which means, likely she'll take her to Wendy's for fries and chocolate Frosty after.

It's the Grandma is picking me up from preschool thing to do.

I am staring at my manuscript. It is staring back. I feel like it's High Noon in an old western and one of us is the sheriff. I just don't know who.

Grandma just walked in, said, "I'm on my way to get her, we're going out for lunch."

So now I hear the long lonely whistle from the theme to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.




And I feel like The Ugly.


So I will shift focus.

There are two routes to preschool, the longer windier one goes by both of the boys' schools and a couple of small fields of horses. It's the one I usually take because Toots and I like to discuss each school and the horses. Excerpt from this morning's transcript:

Mom: The horses on the left are coming right up!
Toots: Wiw day be weawing deir jackets?
Mom: Most likely, if they are awake and out, because it is pretty cold this morning.
Toots: OOO, dere day ahre! Day ahre weawing deir jackets!
Mom (giggles): Yes they are!  Aren't they pretty?
Toots: Oh yes, I yuv da horsies! And I yuv deir jackets! And I yuv dose gween twees over dere! Oooo, and I yuv dat yewwow twuck!
Mom (still giggling): I love those evergreens and that yellow truck, too!  Oh, look at the geese over there! (taps driver side window)
Toots (squealing now): Ooooo, I yuv dose geese! Heyyo geese!  I yuv you! I yuv you, too, Mommy.
Mom (still giggling) I love you, too!

This continues for the last mile, and then she loved her preschool.....

Life is good. Go at it with your heart wide.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!