Monday, February 28, 2011

superwoman has left the building

See  that caption under my blog title?  I'm not feeling very superwoman of late.

I overbooked the weekend and I am an awards show junkie, so as much as I should have gone to bed by like 9:30 last night, there I was couch surfing to dresses and accomplishments until very late.  It was a low key affair this time, but for Melissa Leo's emotional speech and fbomb. I loved screenwriter David Seidler's mention that his father always told him he'd be a late bloomer.  So did mine, and at the rate I've been working on this manuscript, I may be as old as Mr. Seidler before I finish.

That's not really fair to myself and I know it, but this past week was spent well away from the manuscript. It's time to get back to it.  I have had a low level stomach bug for about three days, it has hit others around me significantly worse. I'm worn out, but everything I committed to this weekend were really great experiences. Just the rest of last weekend didn't work toward writing the way I had hoped. Alas, something's always got to give with all these kids and laundry and a computer that gets a worm and, and, and.

I have two weeks. My goal was to complete the manuscript by mid-March, Maybe I should make my personal deadline the Ides of March for certain, although with Julius Caesar's history, I'd like something a bit less forboding.

So for now, while the mess of my file cabinet and the mess of my room, and the mess of the boys' rooms and Toots's crib in my room still wait, I need to focus on the manuscript.  Then I will take care of the rest.

But I'll still take care of the laundry. It needs it bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!