Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Decade

It's not terribly early in the morning. Toots is sleeping in and so are Honey and Grandma. The boys are with their father and but for my usually waking and Lucy who wanted out of her crate for her morning business, the house is quiet.

The route road that runs behind my house is quiet.

I'm enjoying my coffee in relative peace.

No one has to be anywhere under duress. No shoes to find before a bus.

Ah, that didn't last long. I hear Toots stirring.

Well, I hope your New Year and New Decade bring your hopes, desires and the goals of your work. And remember, the goals aren't necessarily as direct as they may seem, like a paycheck. They involve your dreams.

Here, Mother Nature is blessing us with a wee bit more rain, and I will relax with my coffee a moment longer before I make the Hoppin' John for prosperity in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I try to make resolutions that are ways to follow my dreams and inspirations but are still somewhat practical and within my control. So many things these days are out of our control, and not meeting a goal because of some outside influence can be depressing, so wishing for things like winning the lottery isn't a resolution. I agree with you that we should resolve to follow our dreams. Let's set a goal or two that help us to become the people we want to be, and then go after it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent thinking, lisa! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!