Friday, July 22, 2011

innovation by kids

We planned on the kids playing SlipnSlide.

 They waited pretty patiently for my friend to blow it up. In the oppressive heat, it eventually dawned on us to use the bike pump, but it didn't work so well.

Then we discovered, by the two older girls' turns that playing SlipnSlide the way it was intended could be very painful.

And that's where toddler and dog innovation came in.
And then the school aged girls figured out the physics of squeezing the tube on the side, making a sprinkler.
Pardon the Adirondack block. Come on now, it was hawt! Cut me some slack. I'd already done a bit of yard work and all I wanted to do was sleep right about when I took this shot.

Something else proved much more fun, as the toddler and preschooler initiated a new game.


I was just happy to be sitting in in the shady yard. Shady was nice, but I still melted into a my very own puddle.


2 comments:

  1. we all need one of those! i think pretty much the entire country is immersed in this misery.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!