Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Easter Bunny, three days late

The Easter Bunny brings my kids books.  Always has.  Oh sure they get candy, too.  But since it's now Wednesday, I will skip what plenty of others have already posted blogs about throughout the interwebz. 

However, briefly, I will mention the moment we found a stripped down to her diaper, sugarblitz Toots rolling around in a chocolate bunny puddle on the dining room carpet and smearing it all over her, too.  While singing something between Happy Birthday and Twinkle Twinkle, which she sings Ticko ticko I wonder where you are.

Now that's how most women want to eat chocolate.  Oh to express ourselves they way we truly feel about it, with two year old abandon!

Now back to our scheduled program:  Books.

Toots received a little board book, The Story of Easter.  Cute, but a little too glossed over for my taste. It works for a toddler.  She seems to like it well enough.


Captain Comic received Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules.  He read it before we got out the door to my church chorus rehearsal, which was before the early service, not our usual shift.  The best review of a book in my book is one that is essentially eaten in one bite, and with outloud laughter.  Here is his assessment:

It was Okay.  A lot of essential humor, and a good story where Rodrick tells Greg that if he ever snitches, he's going to spill Greg's secret about something really embarrassing that happened in the summer to the world. And one subplot I really liked in the book is when Greg and Rodrick are punished by having to write what they did wrong to each other and draw a picture of it.  My favorite drawing is when Rodrick makes his drawing that says on the top, 'I will not push Gregory' and it shows Rodrick pushing Greg off a cliff into the ocean where a hungry shark is waiting.  hahahahaha!

For the record, Okay must mean great, because he's read it several times since, too. *

Mr. Cynic received Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens. Nothing quite like a good romp through the Apocalypse for Easter, eh?


*I asked him if this seemed like the right thing to say and he confirmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!