Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aaahhh...beautiful butterfly

Outside my front door and along my driveway is a very weed-filled, overgrown plot of flowers, but in the past week, I have spotted all five types of swallowtails in it. I only know there are five because I looked it up in my trusty Peterson First Guide to Caterpillars. Here are shots from Sunday of a stunning Tiger Swallowtail.





So while the garden itself is something to behold of an entirely different variety, some beauty can still be found within it. Ok, time to head out there with the big tools and a sturdy pair of gardening gloves. Enjoy Mr. Swallowtail while I'm gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I answer back, too. Please understand that your comments are moderated before posting for appropriate content (think PG-13) and to weed out spam. Let's talk!